What is Verahealth?
- Small businesses are struggling to safely screen customers and employees
- Verahealth has created an app to allow employees and customers to pre-screen themselves at home to make screening easier and keep everyone safe and healthy.
What's Verahealth's end goal?
- Nobody knows what the pandemic will look like next month, but Verahealth's goal is to help businesses re-open and stay open so that people can keep paying the bills
What inspired Verahealth?
- Taylor's parents are both health care administrators, so they both had an early eye on COVID-19
- The first thing that became apparent when California first opened up, was that people were using pen and pad to take down information from customers, which is immediately a red flag in terms of spreading the virus
- Started as a way to digitalize checklists and turned into a fully-functioning screening app
What are Verahealth's biggest accomplishments?
- Getting on the app stores was a huge accomplishment because app stores were really hesitant to allow COVID apps onto their platforms
- Getting the local government on board was a huge accomplishment as well
What are Verahealth's next steps?
- The focus now is on getting new clients
- Current clients range from doctor's offices to gyms to restaurants, etc.
- Different states also have different requirements which makes breaking into new markets difficult